Saturday, February 16, 2008

Hit By The Bus

I first heard this term over at Superflous Juxtaposition a while ago. At the time, I was ok with being single. In the last year I have decided to start torturing myself by getting back into the dating scene. The torture I chose: eHarmony.com. First of all, let me just say that dating as an adult SUCKS! Between working, taking care of my home, and my friends, I don't have a lot of energy left at the end of the week. I want to relax, not see people rejecting me based on a few statements and a picture. Fortunately for me, I blame the rejection on my height. At 5'10" in my bare feet, I am tall, throw in some heels and I am over 6'. Men often tell me that I must be taller, because they are "5'10"". Nope, they're just liars. So far as I can tell, just about every man I have met has claimed they are about 2 inches taller than reality. So, for every man that rejects me, I pretty much blame it on them being shorter than me. This works pretty well for me.

Having recently met up with one of my matches from my self-inflicted torture, I found that even at 6'2" they still lie about their height. I would like to know why they lie. Not only about their height but also about calling.... Alas, "D" appears to have been hit by the bus, never to be heard from again.

1 Comments:

Blogger JS said...

Maybe it's just me...but I like eHarmony the least of all the dating sites out there. Too much work. Too many questions. The matches they gave me? Um, I thought for sure I was on an all Christian Dating site, must have been my answers...

I have two very awesome incredible friends who were told they were unmatchable by this service. UNMATCHABLE, why because they are more brilliant than the rest of their clients? Ugh, I felt so bad for them, especially since it tends to be the *first* dating site that people feel comfortable starting with online.

Needless to say, your still going o get rejected for your height anywhere you go...jump right into Yahoo or Match or (Nerve) or look up "Single Volunteers" and see if they have a program in your area.

IN my experience, and that of my Yahoo partner and Erin...and well, a few others too, eHarmony is not the best place to go. :( I always get sad hearing about friends starting to date online and then going...to eHarmony.

That said, I do know one happy couple in Boston who met on eHarm, so it did work for them. :)

Good luck!

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home