Saturday, February 05, 2005

Home Improvements or Why I am a Dork

So I spent last night and most of today helping a friend do some home improvements to her place. We are in the process if changing the kitchen so we went to Home Depot, my favorite store ever, and I told her what we needed to get. I didn't even need an associate to help. I have watched way too many episodes of HomeTime with Dean Johnson and Joann Liebler (Robin Hartle is too annoying) and way too many hours of HGTV. I have also installed bi-fold doors and a tile floor with this friend. I know it's back breaking work and still I say yes when friends ask for help. Why? I enjoy home improvement and I don't even own a home.

Note to self: pulling down wallpaper is a back-breaking job, next time hire someone from a nearby gas station.

2 Comments:

Blogger Seth said...

Really? Pulling down wallpaper? Don't they have a solvent that dissolves the glue?

I'll give you a call when I need some free labor.

4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They do have solvent but it dissolves the glue in the 3 seperate layers there was to this paper. We basically had to remove three layers of thin paper. It took a total of 7 and a half hours.

If the free labor is home improvement related, I would probably say yes. I am sad.

-Jenn

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home